Welcome! Please follow me on twitter @saraidefoe. Have a good reading.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aswangs in my room

I really don't know what to write. But my senses tell me that I should click [New Post] and start writing.

I can't sleep with the lights off. I just can't. I don't know what the rationale is but the idea of waking up without glaring at the bright light of the florescent scares me. Maybe it's because I watch too many horror films? or maybe I got it from my other sister, Dyan, who's used to sleeping with the lights on as well. Or maybe, just maybe, it's from the aswangs in my room!

Aswangs are everywhere in my room. Under the bed. Inside the closet (which by the way has no doors). Outside my window. The thought of it makes me shiver. They appear in the dark, lurking their way in quietly just like a lion on its way to an innocent gazelle. and then BAM! It got me!

These aswangs are my random, paranoia-filled thoughts. Just like aswangs, they usually appear at night and in the dark. I don't know why but there's something about the dark that haunts my brain. It just causes my mind to think about bad things and problems which are multiplied by magnitude. They appear heavier than what it's supposed to be. Sometimes, during brownouts, the worst kind of aswang comes to me. The kind that gets personal. The kind that brings out all the nasty details about my status in life, my Dad's health issues, my love life, etc. This kind has immunity to garlic powder (in my case, that's reading a book until I fall asleep).

As I write this entry, I've come to thinking that maybe my aswangs are misunderstood. Maybe what they do is to act like a Life Organizer. To give me a continuous reminder of what's been happening to me. Maybe it's telling me that I'm fast becoming optimistic that my being realist is fast becoming extinct. So in the end, I have my aswangs to thank.

To finish this entry, I'd like to thank all my aswangs for wittingly coming into my room. Thanks for accompanying me in the dark carrying all my realizations with you. And the next time you come to me, please be a bit wee gentle.

Love,
JSG

PS:
I saw another blog who posted his artwork. (Donmoda). I'm not half the artist he is. (Not even a tablespoon full) but what the heck.. :) I would like to post this piece of "art" (with emphasis on the quotation marks) that I made using Oil Pastel. It's supposed to be me and Kelvin. :) Please be gentle on the criticisms ^^




3 comments:

  1. everyone has his/her own "aswangs", only in different forms and costumes. at least you recognize yours for what they really are and you you've learned to gain perspective from them (strange as that may sound).

    on your "art", i recognize the significance of the hearts, but why the dingbats on kelvin's side, is that supposed to show his reaction? :) i think in this painting you are making promises to each other, and the picture captured a fleeting moment between two eternities. both your eternities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just goofing around with the drawing.. :) thanks for the comment again.. now i feel like an artist! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your "art" is better than my so-called art :) I guess i have more "aswangs" than you have.. i don't even know why :)

    ReplyDelete